Mr. Clever Dripper
- Shipps in 2 days
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 2 - 4||and get 10% off|
|Buy 5 or above||and get $20.00 off|
The Clever Coffee Dripper! A fool-proof and inexpensive full-immersion method of brewing coffee, this little gem is as familiar as a drip machine - it uses Melita #4 filters - and is as simple to use as a French press. I am really excited about this little filtercone; I think it greatly improves the quality of the coffee you brew. And it is so simple! You get full flavor extraction every time and good body.
The resulting coffee retains much of the delicious body of a French Press, but does away with the sediment. In essence, the Clever Coffee Dripper combines the best features of French Press and filter drip brewing, eliminating the drawbacks of each. The steep-and-release mechanism means that you can accurately control the brewing, and extract the coffee directly into your mug with no mess.
Brewing with a paper filter is easy and convenient; the problem is the lack of control over steeping time (i.e. the coffee begins to drain immediately) and water temperature. By adding a stopper to the filtercone, the Clever Coffee Dripper combines control over steeping time and water temperature control with a sediment-free cup. We call this a "full immersion brewing" method. And at this price, it’s about one of the best value brewers you can find.
This is our method, but it certainly isn’t the only one, so have a look online and play around to find what you like best. Like all filtercone brewing methods, you directly control the temperature of the water, ratio of water and coffee and infusion time.
- Put Melita #4 filter into basket and rinse through with hot water
- Put in fresh ground coffee (we use 24g - ground coarser than filter coffee, we like a fine grind - to 343ml water)
- Start timer and pour in 50ml of just-off-the-boil water (195-205º)
- Swirl water in filter and let bloom for 30 seconds
- Add rest of water and put the lid on the brewer
- At 3:30 mins place on top of a big-enough mug and let it draw down.
- Drink it. You’re gonna love it!
- Eastman Triton BPA free plastic construction
- Easy to clean - just remove filter and rinse through
- Supplied with lid to help retain heat
- Supplied with coaster to rest on during and after brewing
- 16oz max capacity
- Single cup brewer (or 2 small cups)
- Not dishwasher or microwave safe
The dripper will fit on cups and thermoses with tops wider than 1.5" and less than 3.75" in diameter. Of course, if you put the dripper on a very narrow thermos, you should make sure the dripper is stable. BPA-free Plastic.